YORK FACTORY FIRST NATION INTOXICANT BY-LAW
1. This by-law may be cited as the York Factory First Nation Intoxicant By-Law.
(a) “First Nation” means the York Factory First Nation.
(b) “Reserve” means all those lands defined as a “reserve” within the meaning of the Indian Act, R.C.S. 1985 c-1-5, and set apart for the use and benefit of the York Factory First Nation, #304, and known as the York Landing Reserve, and
(c) “Intoxicants” as defined in the Indian Act.
2. No person shall be intoxicated on the Reserve.
3. No person shall be in possession of an intoxicant on the Reserve.
4. No person shall sell, barter or supply an intoxicant to anyone or manufacture intoxicant on the Reserve.
5. No person contravenes sections 3 or 4 of this by-law where intoxicant is possessed, used or intended to be used solely for religious purpose or other purpose that does not involve producing a state of intoxication in any person.